We selected this activity for our Oktoberfest party, but it's a GREAT one to get any party started. We recommend starting with the host and/or hostess giving a full demonstration for those who have never participated in the Chicken Dance before.
If you need a demonstration check out this video.
- Have everyone stand in a circle facing into the center.
- When the music starts, hold hands out in front and open and close them like a chicken beak four times.
- Put thumbs in armpits and flap wings four times.
- Place arms and hands like the tail feathers of a chicken and wiggle down to the floor four times.
- Clap four times.
- Repeat steps 2-5 four times.
- After the fourth time take the hands of the people on either side of you and everyone moves in a circle.
- When everyone gets dizzy, switch directions.
- Repeat until the music ends or until everyone has fallen on the floor.
There is always one standout who does this dance really well, or at least has everyone laughing. Make sure that person gets a prize.